Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mexican Street Cart Pork Tostadas with Elotes Washed Down with Made from Scratch Margaritas

Options
Started off with marinating an 8lbs bone-in Boston Butt with a dry season rub and chipotle peppers in adobe sauce.  Then I soaked the butt in OJ with limes, oranges, onions, garlic, and bay leaves.  Let that marinate for over 24 hours.

After 24 hours I took the butt out of the liquid and applied a dry rub with ingredients like salt, garlic, cumin, hot pepper rubs and cinnamon. Smoked the butt at 300 degrees for 3.5 hours.  Came out with a nice bark.

Took the smoked butt and added it to a tray.  Added the fat from the smoke along with Tomato juice, orange juice, onions, garlic, limes, oranges and bay leaves.  Wrapped the tray in foil and put it back on the egg at 300 degrees for another 3.5 hours.

From there I took the tray off the egg and let it rest.

Now time to work on the tostadas and elotes.  

Final Product

Took a decent amount of time, but it was well worth it.
Doylestown - Pennsylvania

Comments