Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plans for a Table with Large Eggs on Each End??

Options
I have been on Google and the Search function on the site for about half the afternoon with no results.

Not looking for anything crazy fancy. Pressure treated wood, no cabinets, just the little storage area in the center and an area underneath and on casters. I am going to build a tin roof for it and run electrical out, but it will be staying out in the elements so I am not going to break the bank building this one. (also I don't think I'll be in this home but a few years) This is @johnkitchens that was posted a while back but reading the thread it sounded like he had his built. Same idea just cheaper material.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any measurements or building instructions prior to me just eyeballing this project. Thanks in advance.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    should be pretty easy to mod the naked whiz's basic table plans to work. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    The old trick of adding plastic containers suspended from bottom shelf is really cool. Good luck!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @pgprescott I think I'm going to do at least one for my BBQ guru, thermapen, etc. I have gotten toasty and forgotten them on multiple occasions. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    If you already have the nest for both eggs, I would just use a table with both eggs on each end, not in the table.  Would give you much more table room, especially when only using one.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @EggNorth I have got no love for my Nest. I have a lot of people over often and my cook area is the same area as kids and dogs (so I want something a little heavier with more armor). 

Our friends have twins and I am amazed they haven't knocked it over yet. 

South of Nashville, TN

• flipsk8ter1415
    Options
    I was just about to post a thread on this. I have two large eggs and I'm also looking for dimension help related to building a table. I don't have a lot of wood workering experience but I'm hoping with help I can build something that will support my eggs. 
  • Ghost_of_Hoss
    Options
    I prefer the open front tables.Makes removal and placement MUCH easier.