Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st run on the Flameboss 300

Options
dacolson
dacolson Posts: 7
edited April 2017 in EggHead Forum
I got my new Flameboss 300 and thought I'd share the results. This is my first time using a temperature regulator at all. Very happy with the results. I set it up by attaching the bracket on the underside of the Egg Mate side shelves to keep it out of any potential rain and keep the space clear but still leave it visible.

I only used a single meat probe on this run. Tested it on a pork shoulder on what ended up being a 19.5 hour burn. Here's the chart:

After the grate temp stabalized at 225° at 9:50 PM I put the pork on and forgot about it till 8 AM. Barring some funkiness it seemed to recover from between 1 and 4 AM, it ran like a champ. Dinner was at 7 PM so I had to start bumping the pit temp to 235° at 3 PM then  250° around 5 PM to get internal temp on the pork to 200° By 6:20 PM so it could rest for 30 mins before shredding. Turned out not too shabby.

Next up, turkey ...
MN - Large Egg - Just getting started

Comments