Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatch'n Beans

Spatch'd chicken on the large. 400°, raised direct, home-brew seasoning. A 4 1/2 pound "Never Any" bird from ALDI. Served with pressure cooked black beans and surprisingly flavorful grocery store tomatoes. Simple, delicious meal... and I don't have to cook again for a week!! =)

Thanks for lookin'. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    ok I'll bite....What's "never any"?  Meal looks delicious!
  • About all I need in a meal right there. Great looking cook my friend!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    stv8r said:
    ok I'll bite....What's "never any"?  Meal looks delicious!
    Just their catchy slogan. =) Never any of the bad crap that often comes with chicken.

https://www.aldi.us/en/grocery-home/aldi-brands/never-any/never-any-detail/ps/p/kirkwood-never-any-fresh-whole-chicken-1/

Thanks.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Great color on your bird brother Q.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Carolina Q
    About all I need in a meal right there. Great looking cook my friend!
    Thanks. Haven't egged a bird in a while. Was nice.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Great looking meal.  I have also been pleasantly surprised by grocery store tomatoes this year. I can't wait until I get some fresh from the garden (from my neighbor with the garden). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Carolina Q
    bgebrent said:
    Great color on your bird brother Q.
    Thanks. I think it's the white oak. I used that to smoke some pork parts to season the beans with. Whatever oak didn't burn up stayed in the egg when I cranked up the temp for the chicken.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Your not saying you are going to eat off that bird for a week are you?
    Very good looking bird buddy. But that's like two meals (half bird & half bird) here. But then I may be slightly overweight. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Carolina Q
    edited April 2017
    @Mickey, 6 meals from one bird...maybe 8 if it's a bigger one.

leg and thigh, 2 meals
    breasts, 4 meals

do it all the time. =)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Looks good @Carolina Q.  I really go for simple.

Phoenix 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    You nailed that like a spit hog....
    https://youtu.be/6E_Rq1Lx6pk
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• @Mickey, 6 meals from one bird...maybe 8 if it's a bigger one.

leg and thigh, 2 meals
    breasts, 4 meals

do it all the time. =)
    Yeah my fatass would eat that whole bird in one meal. 

Little Rock, AR

• Mickey
    @Mickey, 6 meals from one bird...maybe 8 if it's a bigger one.

leg and thigh, 2 meals
    breasts, 4 meals

do it all the time. =)
    Now I understand why I'm overweight :s
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Carolina Q
    @Mickey

Last night, one leg, one thigh, one wing.

Lunch today, one leg and a wing.

Dinner tonight, the other thigh (and beans, tomatoes and fresh spinach).

Two breasts left. That's 4 more meals. Unless I use one of the breasts for chicken salad. Then, probably 5 or 6 more meals.

And no, I'm not hungry now. =)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    Proud to know you :)

• Carolina Q
    Mickey said:
    Proud to know you :)
    hahaha, cool! =)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut