Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st go at Pepper Stout Beef

Options
I did make a big mistake...I forgot to get hoagie rolls and some cheese, thought we had it already.  Oh well, it pasted the 3 year old's test as she was back asking for a second bowl. It was really tasty by it's self.  It will not be the last time I make this.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Looks great and.......approved by the Master Food Taster!  :)

Pepper Stout Beef rocks and I need to cook this again soon. 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    It looks really good. I love cooking it and eating it! Good job. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Looks great!
    Stillwater, MN
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks great! I would have no qualms eating it without the bread. If I may suggest for the leftovers- Publix French hamburger rolls. 
    French Hamburger Buns 8-Count

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Delicious looking meat! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • tenpenny_05
    tenpenny_05 Posts: 286
    Options
    I have seen people post pepper stout beef for a long and it always looks so good. I finally gave it a whirl the other day and was disappointed. It just tastes like pot roast to me which I'm not really a fan of. Am I missing something?
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Second hand Medium BGE, Second hand Black Kamado Joe Classic, Second hand Weber Kettle, Second hand Weber Smokey Mountain
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    I do love me some PSB !  Congrats on the cook and passing the lil' critic's test!
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    I have seen people post pepper stout beef for a long and it always looks so good. I finally gave it a whirl the other day and was disappointed. It just tastes like pot roast to me which I'm not really a fan of. Am I missing something?
    Did ya get ya a REAL stout? And maybe add some more peppers and Worcestershire...  I get those ciabatta rolls at Costco, some provolone or havarti cheese and then some horseradish and mayo.   I smoke my chuck for a couple of hours, then into the dutch oven with the goodies and cook until it's fall apart tender.  But there's a lot of peppers and jalapenoes to flavor it up.
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • tenpenny_05
    tenpenny_05 Posts: 286
    Options
    Yea did all of those things. Just didn't strike a chord with me I guess. I've never really been a fan of braised anything. Especially beef.
    I'd rather just have sliced and grilled peppers and steak.
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Second hand Medium BGE, Second hand Black Kamado Joe Classic, Second hand Weber Kettle, Second hand Weber Smokey Mountain
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Nice!  I vacuum sealed and froze some of my last batch and had it last week. Forgot how tasty it was in a sandwich or just in a bowl.  I also like it as a sloppy steak salad, just spooned over some spinach and garnish with some veggies.   Great stuff.
    LBGE/Maryland