Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

my short rib steak, med/rare

Options
beefy flavor, texture between a ribeye and a strip,  fat that just melts in your mouth, who woulda thunk it

lightly salt with a quarter cup kosher coarse and ont a 450/500 degree grill a half inch over the lump til 135 internal, no less no more, serve with limes.  seen oyster shrooms, oil, rub, sear til crispy on the edges

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That looks incredible. Thanks for sharing. I have done "chuck eye steaks" before medium rare and I would think this would be similar. They tasted a lot like a ribeye. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Lord have mercy....and the background is beautiful. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    Lord have mercy....and the background is beautiful. 
    70 degrees yesterday, 80's tomorrow.  seen several snow shovels out for trash pickup this morning ;) i dont understand that, i found mine in someones trash nearly 20 years ago and still have it.
    fukahwee maine

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Dat View!!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Bravo man!  The scenery and eats look amazing.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Awesome cook and nice work on the photos too. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That looks great. The ribs appear to be high quality to begin with - and that makes all the difference. Thanks for reminding us all that "rules" in cooking are just suggestions if you know what you're doing. I would have never thought of cooking beef ribs as a steak.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    That looks great. The ribs appear to be high quality to begin with - and that makes all the difference. Thanks for reminding us all that "rules" in cooking are just suggestions if you know what you're doing. I would have never thought of cooking beef ribs as a steak.
    was from a pretty high end butcher shop, bought two center cut lamb chops at 14.99 per pound then saw this odd cut on short ribs for 8.99 a pound, googled the hybrid flanken cut and found some cooks for medium rare. will be doing these this summer alot, 8.99 for any beef up here is a good price
    fukahwee maine

• Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Interesting I will have to try this. Finally found short ribs at my local butcher. They cut up a local beef once a week and are going to start saving me short and plate ribs. Nice cook Fish!