Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large BGE - Table Recommendations

Options

I am a new owner of the Large BGE. I found this forum in hopes to get some expert advice on how I should build a outdoor table for my new large BGE. I have been doing some research on table plans and have a pretty good idea of the plan I want.

What kind of advices do you have for me that I will need to look into when building this table?

Also, I see a lot of partial granite counter tops in some of the designs. Can anybody tell me why is this?

Any advice and help is appreciated.

Comments

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Check your inbox.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    The naked Whiz has some nice plans 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    I centered my Egg on a 5 foot wide concrete table top. Storage on both sides was critical for me since I'd likely have food prep on one side, and a place for the adjustable rig/platesetter to sit when accessing the coals. 

I wanted concrete for the durability, easy cleanup, and ability to withstand heat.  Sometimes you'll need to remove the guts and/or grate while they are hot, and wood doesn't work well for that.  

I had a cheapo cedar table from the dealer that worked okay for a few years.  That time allowed me to figure out what features I wanted in a table.  That might be my best advice.  Figure out what it is you like.  Build from there.  

Also, Pinterest.  It's not just for mason jar salads.  That site is a friggin time suck.  Creative ideas for days.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I don't feel comfortable giving construction advice without pants on. 

So hit up the search function. Some guys have some incredible set ups for every budget. One is on the first few pages now on a "show me your set up" deal

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• mjfutures
    mjfutures Posts: 53
    Options
    Great table. I too am looking for plans to build a table. I want one that is heavy duty and can easily roll through grass etc... would like to move it from driveway to back of the house etc.. if anyone has a good plan to send my way or any tips that would be great. Thanks!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    BGE has basic plans available for some of the Eggs.

Here's the link for the Large - http://www.biggreenegg.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/BGE-TP-LARGE.pdf
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk