Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flame Boss Customer Service

Options
Hank_Stamper
Hank_Stamper Posts: 20
edited April 2017 in EggHead Forum

Allow me to give a shout out to Flame Boss for superior customer service.  Earlier this week I posted an inquiry regarding the best temperature controller on the market because my FB 100 was malfunctioning.  A great discussion ensued, and at the risk of oversimplifying, the responses could be divided roughly in thirds:  1/3 Flame Boss, 1/3 Stoker, and 1/3 hell no, temp controllers are for the weak.  http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1204742/best-temperature-controller-right-now/p1

@MichaelCollins commented, suggesting that I reach out to Flame Boss’s customer service about my existing FB 100.  He appears affiliated with Flame Boss, so I gave it a chance and called the number listed in his comment.  I did not have to wait to talk to a real person, and after answering a few questions, Flame Boss volunteered to send me a new FB 100 controller as well as a prepaid envelope to return my old one.  My new FB 100 is already in the mail.  The experience lasted less than five minutes.

In a coincidence, I had occasion to talk with AT&T’s customer service yesterday, and the ordeal could not have been more different.  Thanks to Flame Boss for reminding me that personal relationships matter in the egging community.  

Comments

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Their customer service can't be beat. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @MichaelCollins is the owner of FB :)  He always goes way above a beyond!!

They are a fantastic company.  I have 2 of their controllers and love them.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    I enjoy hearing stories like this. Kudos to Michael! I opted to jump in with the smobot, but if not for that I was targeting a FB200, which I'm sure is a wonderful product. 
    Stillwater, MN
  • Ag83
    Ag83 Posts: 34
    Options
    So I'll chime in also with saying FB's customer service is as good as any company's I've ever dealt with. I had the pit port (as it turned out) go south on my FB200 controller this past weekend. During troubleshooting, I also realized my meat probe, which I had not been using for the cook, also was behaving erratically. Shot FB an e-mail describing the issues (controller is out of warranty by probably 6 months at least) and to my surprised, they said they were sending a new controller and meat probe all under warranty. All I have to do is return my old controller (using the box and a prepaid label they provided). New controller and probe arrived today and check out great. I'm back up and running less than a week after the issue.

FB's customer service is just flat out outstanding in my experience.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    edited October 2017
    Options
    KayNOcook and I have had the pleasure of cooking with the owners of FB at an Eggfest they cooked some great beef to showcase the FB. They are a lovely couple very dedicated to their product and customer service. I just don't need a temp controller but if I did it would be a FB.................

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    KayNOcook and I have had the pleasure of cooking with the owners of FB at an Eggfest they cooked some great beef to showcase the FB. They are a lovely couple very dedicated to their product and customer service. I just don't need a temp controller but if I did it would be a FB.................

They sure are.  Smokeware, Kick Ash, FB, all really good people and hardcore Eggheads.  That RW guy.....that's another story though.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options

They sure are.  Smokeware, Kick Ash, FB, all really good people and hardcore Eggheads.  That RW guy.....that's another story though.
    True story.  RW guy is no bueno.  When I get 20# bag of lump I want 20#, not 21# like he packages.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @MichaelCollins runs a tight ship over at FB. Lightning fast response (even on weekends and holidays), no bickering with the customer, and they do whatever is necessary to make things right. Have called their CS line a couple of times, and very refreshing to talk to folks who actually know what they're talking about. 

The Smokeware folks are no slackers either. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options

Oh that RW guy is top shelf as well................. :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    Too bad FB was not around when I bought my Stoker, died long time ago and no help from Rock's.
    canuckland
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    I have posted this before, but I have to add to the attaboys for Flame Boss, Michael Collins, and Terry Cummings (Sales and Service Manager). I sent them an email a while back saying that I had heard good things about the FB200, but I was wondering if they were going to come out with something with more probes. Well, after a bit of discussion, they sent me a prototype of the FB300 to beta test. It worked perfectly. I sent them some info and opinions, and when the production model came out, they sent me a complete new unit (yes, I returned the beta). I have been extremely happy with the FB300 since then. I would recommend it to everyone (even the "no controller" naysayers!)
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • littlerascal56
    Options

They are a "premier" company and take care of their customers. It's rare to get responses back in 1 day, and parts within 2 days, but that seems to be the norm for FB.

• TN22
    TN22 Posts: 5
    Options
    I just ordered a FlameBoss because of this this thread.
    Large BGE, MiniMax to camp with
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @tn22 since i bought mine, i've "sold" 2 or 3 friends on it and they've gotten their own.  it's easy to recommend a product that's backed with great support.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I also had very positive results with Flame Boss customer service.

Within a year of ownership (I'm not sure how long the warranty is for) I had some issues and they sent me new parts without question.

On top of that, it has to be the easiest controller out there to setup.  It just works. No complicated setup.  The thing does what's it's supposed to.  Very easily connects to your phone, wifi, web page... whatever.

I'm sure there are controllers out there that give you more programability and functionality, but for 95% of us, this is all we need.  Simplicity. Allows remote monitoring and control.  Love it.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    Agreed. FB Customer Service is amazing.   I was having a meat probe issue with my FB300. Within 1 hour they remoted into my device....changed a few things and everything was fixed. 

Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310.