Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SMOBOT exceeded 100% backing!!!! woo hoo!

Options
I just visited and with 4 hrs left to get to $48k they are $49k and some change!!!

This is awesome.....

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Can't wait for the roll out!
    Stillwater, MN
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I see they ended up with a bit over 50K. Stoked they made it across the finish line.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Congrats to a brother egger and entrepreneur!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    What happens if they didn't?  Do people get their money back?  
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    If they don't reach the goal - it depends on the project and the choices the entrepreneur wants to take.  For folks that get close, I'd imagine they just suck it up and move forward.  Kickstarter is meant to 'test market' the idea and provide funding.  In general, ideas that don't get funded well do not move forward.  If they don't meet the goal they can choose to close up shop and refund, or choose to suck up the funding gap and move forward.  For fools that love their idea they will move forward in spite of severe lack of funding.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    What happens if they didn't?  Do people get their money back?  
    Your credit card is not hit unless/until a project reaches its goal. If the SmoBot did not reach its goal nobody that tried to back it would have been out a penny.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    If they don't reach the goal - it depends on the project and the choices the entrepreneur wants to take.  For folks that get close, I'd imagine they just suck it up and move forward.  Kickstarter is meant to 'test market' the idea and provide funding.  In general, ideas that don't get funded well do not move forward.  If they don't meet the goal they can choose to close up shop and refund, or choose to suck up the funding gap and move forward.  For fools that love their idea they will move forward in spite of severe lack of funding.

They chose all or nothing.  If they didn't hit their goal nobody is charged.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Appreciate the info, I'm new to kickstarter and see it on here from time to time.  Just never knew how the process worked.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    @RedSkip,  me too so a millenial at work helped me with it....
  • EpicCajun
    Options
    Was excited to see they made it.  Can't wait for the rollout so I can get my hands on one.