Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Misen knives

I know a few of you were in the Misen start up program.
How do you like the knife?
Thank you.
Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I've only used mine a couple times. It feels and performs nicely for this hack.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,129
    Thank you.
    They have a 20% off deal they just sent me. Have a good friend that wants a chef and small knife so I was thinking the set would be good at 20% off, so $76 for both.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    I've used mine a few times, gifted one to my Dad for Christmas.  Lightweight, good feel in the hand.  So far worth the 60 bucks.

Will play with it more come camping season.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Photo Egg said:
    Thank you.
    They have a 20% off deal they just sent me. Have a good friend that wants a chef and small knife so I was thinking the set would be good at 20% off, so $76 for both.
    I would not hesitate to do so. If I didn't have way too much Sh*t, I'd might buy that combo myself.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Photo Egg said:
    Thank you.
    I like mine. It's a decent knife for the price. It's not my main knife but it is in the block so it does get used occasionally. It is very comfortable to hold and the shape of the bolster makes for a comfortable pinch grip.

I think the $76 deal for both the chef and paring knife is a pretty good deal. Unless the person receiving them is a real knife snob I'm sure they would be quite pleased with them.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Photo Egg
    HeavyG said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Thank you.
    I like mine. It's a decent knife for the price. It's not my main knife but it is in the block so it does get used occasionally. It is very comfortable to hold and the shape of the bolster makes for a comfortable pinch grip.

I think the $76 deal for both the chef and paring knife is a pretty good deal. Unless the person receiving them is a real knife snob I'm sure they would be quite pleased with them.
    Perfect, thank you. Not a knife snob at all so perfect gift.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bigbadben
    bigbadben Posts: 397
    Didn't misen recently get slammed for the production run not meeting the specs as far as RHC? 
  • Photo Egg
    bigbadben said:
    Didn't misen recently get slammed for the production run not meeting the specs as far as RHC? 
    No idea. but if the steel is a little softer it will not matter to me.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Ordered the set. Thank you.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    bigbadben said:
    There was a review in Wired magazine last year that really slammed the knife. The hardness was one of the things it referenced.

The Sweethome mini-review of it was kinda "meh".

J. Kenji Lopez-Alt loved the knife when he reviewed it  a year ago.

I haven't measured the hardness on mine and don't really care what it is. If it is softer I just sharpen it more frequently. I like sharpening so I'm ok with that. 

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,054
    I like mine!  Agree with what others have said above..

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.