Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good News Egg Heads

B747crew
B747crew Posts: 158
I've found that Wicked Good Charcoal will be available again soon.  I'll keep ya all informed.

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    :confused: Didn't know it was unavailable to begin with. Saw several pallets at places recently. They had both WGWW & Jake's Blend. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • B747crew
    B747crew Posts: 158
    edited March 2017
    Sorry but as I understood it (and I used it years ago ) It became unavailable because it was a Brazilian import of exceptionally dense charcoal. I had the stuff in what was and evidently is Weekend Warrior The other was Competition ( Jake's Blend ? ) the denser stuff ....well long story short the stuff wasn't available for quite a long time.. Now that was about 18 years ago. So unless I'm completely incorrect , and I suppose that could be the case , it being back and readily available is news to me. I'll be happy to know exactly where this " Jakes Blend" can be purchased.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    I haven't been there in a while (since Firecraft and Rockwood came along) but their web-site used to identify local places where any or all of their lump could be purchased.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.