Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prep and storage

Options
Hi All - Just bought the LBGE late last year and I love it. 
All the tables that hold the egg seemed way over-priced and most look like there is no storage at all.
This might not be as nice looking - but it sure is handy to have all my "stuff" at my fingertips..
thoughts?

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    looks fine to me. Do yourself a solid and ditch that handle light and get one like they sell @ Smokeware. Much cleaner look and not in the way at all. Enjoy!
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Welcome to the group. What ever works for you and your style of egging is what you should be using. I have a small table for my LGBE so I'm always looking for solutions to the prep problem.

I have tow dec boxed from Lowes next to my Egg that I use when i'm working at the Egg. But most of my prep is done on the kitchen counter then carried out to the egg on cooking sheets.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Gkulog21
    Gkulog21 Posts: 5
    Options
    pgprescott
    Yeah - I don't really like the handle light that I have - is the one from Smokeware a magnetic one?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Great table adaptation right there.  There is style and there are results.  Results win every time.  Above all, have fun.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Gkulog21 said:
    pgprescott
    Yeah - I don't really like the handle light that I have - is the one from Smokeware a magnetic one?
    The bracket integrates with the handle and the light itself is removable. It is both friction fit and magnetic. I take my light out every time i use it. I only really use it in the fall and winter as the light is low quite early. I would recommend it. I haven't seen a better option IMO
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited March 2017
    Options
     I haven't seen a better option IMO
    My light is a no hands one and the amazing thing is it always knows where I'm looking even lighting my path back into the house! This was my first one and I have since replaced it with a much brighter and lighter LED unit, but still bolted to this hard hat.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    My stuff just lives on the side shelves with the ground as overflow storage. Light is a torch. Some upgrades may be in order, but it works as it is.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    RRP said:
    My light is a no hands one and the amazing thing is it always knows where I'm looking even lighting my path back into the house! This was my first one and I have since replaced it with a much brighter and lighter LED unit, but still bolted to this hard hat.

Ron, they sell those lights on just a headband.  Do you have a lot of falling debris on your patio?

Phoenix 
  • Gkulog21
    Options
    Yeah - I have a headlamp too!

but the table really works well and plenty of room for CI, wok, pizza stone, etc

• jetman96
    jetman96 Posts: 127
    Options
    I really like that cabinet. Do you store it outside too? Or do you wheel it under cover when not in use? Would it handle the weather?
    Cincinnati, OH
    Large BGE
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    blasting said:
    RRP said:

Ron, they sell those lights on just a headband.  Do you have a lot of falling debris on your patio?

You can never be too safe. Maybe wearing steel toecaps and hi-viz would be a good idea too.
  • Gkulog21
    Options
    jetman96:

The cabinet stays outside - only had a couple months, but it is stainless on top and powder coated steel for the rest. I hope it will handle
    The really neat thing is the old gas cover fits over both the egg and the cabinet.
  • Jellyworm
    Jellyworm Posts: 96
    Options
    Where did you buy it?  Looks like just what I need.
    Large BGE
    Houston, TX
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Nice storage/prep table. Where did you find it?

Ron, how about an action shot of the hat/light combo???
    Snellville, GA

• jetman96
    jetman96 Posts: 127
    Options
    Amazon has it for it for $175 (free shipping). Slightly cheaper than OEM at $180 after shipping.
    Cincinnati, OH
    Large BGE
  • Thomasc18
    Thomasc18 Posts: 197
    Options
    Great looking setup.  Seville classics ultrahd one drawer cabinet?
    Madison, AL
  • Sirk98
    Sirk98 Posts: 79
    Options
    Wondering if it would hold mini max
  • Gkulog21
    Options
    Bought at Sam's club
    only like 165 I believe
    heck of a deal I thought
    yes Seville garage cabinet