Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

corned beef sandwiches

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,754
edited March 2017 in EggHead Forum
steamed the leftover corned beef then cheese and a good deli mustard, grilled rye. dont know why people dont like corned beef. this was a corned eye round, never seen that before

also did an onion soup with cheddar and rye, too simple

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited March 2017
    Options
    That soup looks awesome! Today is my third day of leftover Pastrami. I'm not complaining any...

Did you follow a recipe or just throw the soup together? I'm interested if you have a recipe. Thanks!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Looks tasty from here! Out of the 3.5# corned beef I cooked for 48 hours via sous vide I packaged 4 meals worth in the freezer of 3 sandwiches each for Reubens in the future. I also saved the butt ends and small pieces to dice up for cb hash or maybe use in soup like you did. I love my make ahead meals in the freezer!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Got any left? I'll be right over. YUM!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    That soup looks awesome! Today is my third day of leftover Pastrami. I'm not complaining any...

Did you follow a recipe or just throw the soup together? I'm interested if you have a recipe. Thanks!
    this was stupid simple, 3 onions thick sliced carmelized with a little butter. 1 quart no salt beef broth, 1 packet lipton onion dip mix, simmer a couple hours adding water as needed. ladle into oven safe bowl, add a little cheese, some stale pumpernickel rye, i lightly toasted it and left it on the counter while the soup was simmering, more cheddar and bake. its better than most recipes ive tried with sherry etc.  makes a nice dip for the sandwich as well
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Looks good. I was let down with mine. So I picked up another and smoking mine tomorrow for some pastrami

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    WeberWho said:

this was stupid simple, 3 onions thick sliced carmelized with a little butter. 1 quart no salt beef broth, 1 packet lipton onion dip mix, simmer a couple hours adding water as needed. ladle into oven safe bowl, add a little cheese, some stale pumpernickel rye, i lightly toasted it and left it on the counter while the soup was simmering, more cheddar and bake. its better than most recipes ive tried with sherry etc.  makes a nice dip for the sandwich as well
    Thanks Fish!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    They one we did was a round also. I think more moist then a brisket. This post motivated me to have a sammich for lunch also!

• pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options
    Hntnhrd said:
    They one we did was a round also. I think more moist then a brisket. This post motivated me to have a sammich for lunch also!

got me some smell a vision going on right now and I sure am hungry.....that is really nice!!

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC