Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trying to convince SWMBO to get a dog.

Options
1235»

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Apparently Welsh Corgis' can drive cars........just not very well.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • jhkdvm
    jhkdvm Posts: 4
    Options

I have two Standard Poodles- Mr Bond and MoneyPenny.  Two of the best dogs we have ever had.  Very smart, trainable, and loyal!  Mr Bond is a larger standard at 80 lbs and MoneyPenny is smaller at 55. 

Both require regular exercise and mental stimulation.  Regular grooming is also required. 

If you are interested in Standards (if looking at a breeder) ask about Addison's Dz in the line, sebaceous adenomas, and hip dysplasia. 

There are several excellent rescues out there for Standards as well. 

Let me know if you need leads or introductions.  

Best wishes on finding your new furry friend! 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @saluki2007 ^^^^This is why I despise puppy mill type of operations. They don't care if they have genetic defects in their lines such as hip dysplasia etc. When I was breeding Mals my male was an import from Holland with KNPV championship certs & OFA good and my female was Schutzhund field proven & OFA excellent.  Thus giving my lines the appropriate Working Line Label. I only produced 3 litters and then I felt it was best she retired and that ended my kennel. We were known as Barkhaus Kennels. Most of them went to the Sheriff's dept and others to close friends I was serving with one of which was a handler. I strongly believe in responsible dog ownership. The last litter killed my soul a little bit losing most of them to parvo.  NONE of her offspring were allowed to breed per selling agreement...all required spay or neuter. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Don't get a dog.
  • Legume
    Options
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @nolaegghead. May he have decided?  Thinking so.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @Legume You, my friend, are disturbed. :lol:
    https://youtu.be/eC0srTOte34
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    What?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Maddie is still available.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Such a good movie!!  Awesome.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Legume
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I should've been more clear, I just meant donkey, like you would see on a farm, interesting, aloof, stubborn and thick headed, kind of the cat of the horse world.

Also an interesting, quirky pet, maybe just right for Algiers Point.

I had long forgotten that movie and the role of the donkey, so while I can't deny being a bit disturbed, it's nothing to do with donkeys. 

I can't really speak for some that may have stumbled into interesting bars in far away ports of call.

*cough* @NPHuskerFL *cough*

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options

Three words: Pembroke Welsh Corgis. Great dogs, not small but not too big. I love the big dogs, but since I am getting older (yea, unfortunately) I cannot be counted on to lift a 90 lb dog up steps when they get older. The Corgis top out at 35 lbs-that I can manage.

We got Big Joe (Sable and White) 10 years ago this month, CC (Tri-Color) 3 years ago in June. Both rescues and were adults when we received them. They get along great with the cats, and are smart as hell -too smart in some ways. Plus with their short legs they can't counter surf!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    My little boy will be 5 in June  he's been wanting a pet. Keeps telling me "I can handle having a pet." No dogs after the last one was a nightmare. American fox hound named Dexter. Fence jumping runaway escape artist. Open  the door and he would bolt. Too much work. Been thinking about a Bengal cat. I blame Nola. But man they are not cheap. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx