Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Enameled Yellow Dutch oven - HELP!

Options
kl8ton
kl8ton Posts: 5,429
Does anybody know where I can find a YELLOW enameled DO?  The only one i can find (9 quart) is $400 from Le Creuset.

My wife wants a yellow DO for her birthday next month.  It needs to be in the 9 quart range.  I have been googling for a while today.  I am not looking at spending $400 on a pan.  There are many cost effective alternatives, just not that large, and not in Yellow.  

thanks all

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
Grand Rapids MI

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    @kl8ton - I've been married for 11+ years to Wilma and over 13 to the first Mrs. Flintstone before that.  My advise, if you can afford it, is to pony up the $400.  It will make your bride very happy and if she knows the Le Creuset name, she will be very happy indeed.  Happy wife, happy life.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    If momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy!!! Amazon looks to be in the 350 range . Looks like it may be pony up the money or sleep on the couch!! 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    You will be rewarded!!   :o
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • kl8ton
    Options
    I don't think she knows the name at all.  It was just a picture on flippin Pinterest. 

That Pinterest is the devil.  And essential oils. . . they are the devil too. 

Oh well.  Money is the root of all evil.  I might as well get rid of it! 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Do Le Creuset have an outlet store anywhere in the US? These sometimes have big discounts and seconds here in the UK. Le Creuset has got really expensive now, we have quite a lot of their stuff but last time I got an enamelled CI casserole dish I got Denby which is very good quality and quite a bit cheaper, but does not have the colour range.
  • kl8ton
    Options
    @Eoin

Good call.  I googled them and found one an hour and 45 minutes from me.

They don't have yellow but they are $234 at the outlet.  There are two more i need to try that are within driving distance.

Grand Rapids MI
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    My wife and sister bought 3 le cruesets from TJ Maxx for less than $50-60 a pop. Usually have a little ding here and there. Definitely worth a look. (Color selection is a little tough but it beats the sticker of a MSRP one)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• kl8ton
    Options
    I guess just as a PSA - this weekend only the Le Creuset outlets are running huge sales.  35% off.  Some stuff at the store I called is 50% off if you can live with the color selection.

The yellow I am looking for "Dijon" is discontinued.  "Sun" is the new yellow that is coming out.  She said i can come in and buy any color that is 35% off, and when "Sun" comes in stock, just exchange it (unused).  

I have a long drive twice to do this.  Birch run outlets is on the other side of the state and the michigan city Indiana outlet is just as far of a drive.

Decisions Decisions

Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips guys.  I can't phone any of my buddies around here and ask about yellow dutch ovens and get any kind of legit advise!  :smiley:

Grand Rapids MI
  • Ima_good_egg
    Options
    Perhaps they may ship it to you? I always call and ask before making a huge drive.
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Thanks for all the tips guys.  I can't phone any of my buddies around here and ask about yellow dutch ovens and get any kind of legit advise!  :smiley:

I bet they will tell you what they think though!  I can't talk to any of my local friends about cooking.  They look at me cross eyed.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac -  you just have to frame the conversation around SWMBO escape time and the required supervisory adult beverages.  You will soon find a few converts.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    I really don't understand how people can be disinterested in cooking. Everyone eats several times a day and, unless you are rich, the only way to get really good food is to make it yourself.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Found a couple on houzz