Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pizza Cook Epic Fail and Clean Burn

Options
epic pizza fail no pizza stone so I did a quick cook on grate like I normally would do in my oven after epic failure I decided to do a clean burn before my super bowl cook,thermo went around to 300 +  

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Bummer. Live and learn. All I can suggest is read as much as possible before next attempt. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Adjustable rig and pizza stone up in the dome FTW.  You'll rebound with the SB cook.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• tclamberth
    Options
    Was at a friends hour tonight and our pizzas came out looking the same. He has a kamodo joe and I don't really know his set up but our pizzas all burned to oblivion 
    Memphis raised me, T-Town made me...Aint never been nothing but a winner
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Ouch. Nothing stings like one's injured pride.

Do you have a plate setter? You could use the that as a stone. Or even a regular pizza pan, but keep the temps below 450. CI works as well, especially for deep dish. @Carolina Q has a great thread about that somewhere.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    So you took a pizza and just threw it on the cooking grate with the pictured inferno blazing away mere inches below....yeah I can see how the pizza might have got a little crisp.  :o
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Laughed when I saw the title, then laughed harder as I scrolled down the pictures. I am really sorry you ruined dinner though. Cook and learn I guess. Make sure to show us your next try.
  • Beachbum28
    Options
    @yljkt yup lol long day of work and that's what u get ended up getting cheesesteaks from jersey mikes I ordered the rig set up and I'll try again wings are about to go on for the game