Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg temp dropped from 250 down to 125 overnight, Soooooo.....help!

Options

Set up the LBGE at 250 last night @ midnight, and put an 8.3# butt on the grid over a drip pan sitting on plate setter (legs up).  Woke up this morning at 7a to 11 degrees outside temperature.  The temp of egg was down to 125 (on Maverick and the thermometer on the dome) and the butt was only at 110.  I opened bottom vent a bit more and also opened the daisy wheel a bit to crank up the fire.

Then I got to thinkin, and worrying about safety.  So, I went to the grocery and picked up another butt, cut it in half (to greatly reduce cook time) and put it on with the whole one, just in case y'all said to throw the whole one away.  Finish up the whole one after it gets "done" and eat it, or toss it to be on the safe side and eat the halves this afternoon? 

I absolutely LOVE this forum, and have gotten tons and tons of useful tips from y'all.  Thanks in advance for your help this time!

Rob

Comments