Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weber - No Salt Rubs

Options
Been doing some research on 'No Salt' rubs, they are far and few. I think Dizzy Pig makes one, but have not had the chance to buy it to test. I was in Walmart this evening picking up some food for Sunday's big game and came upon these.
i know there have been a couple or so posts here about low salt diets, I just thought I'd pass this along. 

Gonna Spatchcock a chicken tomorrow and see what the taste is like. Maybe I'll post a review.

I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Just add kosher salt and those are mediocre.  Seriously, make your own.  This stuff is so long in transit and shelf life.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    @bgebrent I've actually used Weber rubs, and what I've used is pretty darn good. Guess we just have different palates. Best to you. Tim 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    @bgebrent I've actually used Weber rubs, and what I've used is pretty darn good. Guess we just have different palates. Best to you. Tim 
    I hear you Tim.  It's a shelf life issue.  Stuff I've seen local is greater than 6 months out. Sometimes 12.  You're spoiled in California.
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    I like the weber KC BBQ rub. I buy it in big tubs at same club. The coffee rub from them is good as well. I have never checked the date on any of them. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Check out oak ridge rubs.  There stuff is all salt free.  Too notch rubs.

https://www.oakridgebbq.com
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    And here I thought the only issue was the axle-wrapping around the protein "sell by" date.  Now  it's rubs too-I guess there's no end-point in sight.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    And here I thought the only issue was the axle-wrapping around the protein "sell by" date.  Now  it's rubs too-I guess there's no end-point in sight.  
    LEO is all that matters Cap!