Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rutland Gasket from Ron

Options
I just placed a order for a Rutland gasket from Ron.  What a nice guy!  I look forward to many great cooks with my new gasket in the years to come.

Comments

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Ron is a great guy! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Ron sells gaskets?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    Yeah, Ron is awesome. I have a gasket from him that I'll be installing this spring....too cold now for that. 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Ron is definitely da man!  I have two of his gaskets and am getting close to buying a third. 
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    jaydub58 said:
    Ron is definitely da man!  I have two of his gaskets and am getting close to buying a third. 
    Someday you should buy eggs to go with the gaskets!!!  :lol:
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Ron is a very generous guy and the King of the Rutland gasket.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    RRP is awesome
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    This is why I get on the forum most days.  So I can read a thread about someone buying a fiberglass gasket.
    Options
    This is why I get on the forum most days.  So I can read a thread about someone buying a fiberglass gasket.
    Right! Ya know!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    Options
    I'm refurbing a 15' Old Town fiberglass canoe.  I wonder if some of those gaskets could help with the gouges and scrapes on the outside of it????
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited February 2017
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I'm refurbing a 15' Old Town fiberglass canoe.  I wonder if some of those gaskets could help with the gouges and scrapes on the outside of it????
    LOL - no - go to a good auto supply store and get the woven cloth made for that very purpose. Back in the '60s I bought a '56 MGA with a creamed front end. I created a fairly decent looking snout on it using that cloth.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    RRP said:
    thetrim said:
    LOL - no - go to a good auto supply store and get the woven cloth made for that very purpose. Back in the '60s I bought a '56 MGA with a creamed front end. I created a fairly decent looking snout on it using that cloth.

I'd be remiss if I didn't warn interested "car body make over want-to-bes" to adhere to the warnings on the  cans of the chemicals used to turn that fiberglass cloth into strong as metal magic. Back then I poo-pooed the warnings other than about no open flames or even smoking while using it. My stupidity landed me in the hospital for 4 days making a believer out of me for all the future layers!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • thetrim
    Options
    RRP said:
    thetrim said:

I think that might be over engineering what I need.  I have a few small gouges I'd like to fill.   I think some sort of paste would do the trick.    I just have no clue where to go for something like that.   
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95