Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Amaz-n-Smoker Question

Options
I got an Amaz-n-Smoker for Christmas and have never used or seen one in use.  I have a 3 lb. pork loin curing for Canadian style bacon. Do I just fill the Amaz-n-Smoker and let it burn until it is out? Or is there a set amount of time or IT temp I should be watching for?  Thanks for the help.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    We use the Amaz-n for cold smoking only.  Smoking a piece of meat we simply add a chunk of wood to the lump.  Smoking chesse, salmon or nuts are what i see them good for.  They also enable a gas griller to smoke meat.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    What Smitty said. Use mine to cold smoke only. Lay it on fire grate and smoke bacon, nuts, cheese, ketchup, butter, etc
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

@Chubbs. Smoked ketchup is new...brilliant!  Will be doing this for sure, thanks.

Phoenix 
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    There are several Youtube videos on using the Amaz-n-Smoker. I don't remember any of them using the egg but the principle should be the same.

I have one along with a sample pack of pellets but I haven't used it yet. I got it to add smoke to my electric smoker then got the Egg before I ever got a chance to use it.

Lots of people use it for cold smoking cheese but I have never eaten smoked cheese. Lots of Youtube videos on that too.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group