Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP @Badinfluence

Options
Many of us learned today of Larry's passing @badinfluence  Thanks @pgprescott for letting us know. He was a good guy that passed too soon. Thoughts and prayers to his wife and child. 

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/lawrence-grant-obituary?pid=1000000181877235

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I agree completely.  He was a good guy albeit I never met him personally.  RIP
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,901
    Options
    WOW! Sorry to hear that as he was helpful to all of us and drew upon many lifetime experiences. Finally met him in Sterling, IL last Summer after he pulled up at Pete's eggfest driving his flaming red pick up. RIP Larry.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,032
    Options
    How can you not smile at a picture like this?

I never had a chance to meet him but always seemed like a top notch guy. Late prayers to his family and friends
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options
    RIP brother 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Hooked me up two exchanges ago. I guess my bad influence shirt is a BGE collectors item. RIP
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Wow sorry to hear this news. RIP .... sir.
    Seattle, WA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Larry was always a integral part of The BGE forum and family. His humor and wisdom were always welcome here. He'll with no doubt be missed by many. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Wow, I never met him but enjoyed reading his posts. Thoughts and prayers for his family. 
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That's horrible.   RIP
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Dang......hate that for his friends and family. RIP.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I am truly very sorry to hear of Larry's passing.  I will miss him as we all shall.  Godspeed @Badinfluence.  R.I.P.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    That's a really cool tshirt.  I always liked @badinfluence. I think his collection of eggs proved that he loved the big green egg as much as anyone on earth.  He'll be missed for sure. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Sad news... RIP Larry!!!  Was in awe of him to go out ands start his mobile BBQ business....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    That's sad. He was a nice guy. I remember he was one of the first to get a xxl. Since he started his food truck he didn't post as much. He'll be missed. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I sure do hate to hear this. I see from the obituary he died early in October. I recently thought about him and wondered how he was doing with the food truck. Sad news. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Ahh man.. that's terrible. Dude had a serious Egg collection. RIP Egger!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Lvnthedrm
    Lvnthedrm Posts: 153
    Options
    Followed his truck thread...assumed and was hoping that he was wildly successful in his endeavor and was the reason for him not posting. Very sad. Condolences. Damn. RIP.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Met Larry once about this time last year. He sold me one of his unused eggs. I was planning on just driving up and grabbing and going but ended up talking for about an hour and a half. He was a nice guy and loved his eggs and making food for others. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Here's my haul from him this past summer. RIP, Larry. 
    Funny, I had him in a rub exchange and I got one of those plastic briners too.  RIP Larry.
    Options
    I got a Briner as well
  • QingEsq
    QingEsq Posts: 241
    Options
    RIP Larry.  While there are many great posters here, you were the only person that I was following on this forum.
    Always seeking the high I experienced from my first true BBQ experience.
    Downingtown, PA
    LBGE, WSM, Weber Kettle
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Super guy, chatted with him and his wife at Prescott's a couple of times.

A few here spoke of his passing at the time.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to roll smoke again in his honor.

Always wanted to meet up with him at the Plugtown Farm, or the Princeton gun range with my small.  

RIP bud.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    How can you not smile at a picture like this?

I never had a chance to meet him but always seemed like a top notch guy. Late prayers to his family and friends
    He was very passionate about his firearms as well. He and his wife had some pretty neat stuff. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Great guy - told it like it was without varnish.  I think of him and his food truck each time I put on the shirt he sent.  RIP

Phoenix 
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Surprised to see this thread tonight. I guess I thought most saw the news of his passing last Fall. I never met him but messaged him a few times as he was getting his food truck going and he always seemed to be a good man. I applaud him for pursuing his dreams on the food truck thing. I know he was an OTR trucker and that can be really tough on a guy as my Dad is 70 years old and still driving.

I like your idea @Focker. What do you all say about rollin' smoke for Larry this weekend? Post up your cook in a consolidated thread for @badinfluence. Smoke whatever you want - just do it in his honor. Maybe do a cook food-truck style?

I'll start the thread if anyone's interested...

EDIT: I forgot to add, he had a young (teenage) son and wife. Maybe we could make it some kind of fundraiser to give them a hand with needed expenses. It seemed like he was perhaps in some kind of cash troubles towards the end. Some of you may know more than I do. Please share if you know more than I have posted.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • DaveRichardson
    Options

He straightened up my cooks a few times when I got started; great guy.

I'll definitely be rolling smoke and having a cold one for Larry this weekend.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Always sad to read stuff like this, hope his family are getting along okay 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf