Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Coach outdoor kitchen plans?

Options
I'm in the early process of designing my outdoor kitchen, and I'm leaning towards an aluminum frame infrastructure to (1) save on weight and (2) avoid wood around the egg.

I came across the BBQ Coach Plans (http://www.bbqcoach.com/bbq-island-plans/) where you pick a plan, or customize one, and they send you the individual aluminum panels and then you assemble yourself.   Then you would add some cement board, tile, etc to finish it, but nothing too difficult.  

I'm not affiliated with these guys, I'm just curious if anyone here has any experience with this.  I like the idea of building an island + having stainless steel cabinets all for under 2K.  Most of the aluminum carts I've looked at are between $1,500 - $4,000, so I might as well go with the built in island for that money.

FWIW, this seems like a pretty cool concept.  If I go down this path I'll definitely post pics and give it a review.

Thanks guys,
Milton, GA 
XL BGE & FB300

Comments

• asianstyles
    Options
    GoooDawgs said:
    I'm in the early process of designing my outdoor kitchen, and I'm leaning towards an aluminum frame infrastructure to (1) save on weight and (2) avoid wood around the egg.

I came across the BBQ Coach Plans (http://www.bbqcoach.com/bbq-island-plans/) where you pick a plan, or customize one, and they send you the individual aluminum panels and then you assemble yourself.   Then you would add some cement board, tile, etc to finish it, but nothing too difficult.  

I'm not affiliated with these guys, I'm just curious if anyone here has any experience with this.  I like the idea of building an island + having stainless steel cabinets all for under 2K.  Most of the aluminum carts I've looked at are between $1,500 - $4,000, so I might as well go with the built in island for that money.

FWIW, this seems like a pretty cool concept.  If I go down this path I'll definitely post pics and give it a review.

Thanks guys,
    Did you ever go with the BBQ Coach kit? Here is mine that I just finished.