Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kamado Joe Charcoal

Options
This stuff is awesome.  Opened a bag for the first time and couldn't get over the size of the pieces.  One of the ones I dumped in the egg was 10" long and 4 or 5" thick. Really dense wood as well.  Mixed it in with some cheaper stuff I have for a turbo butt.  Initial impression is that it is better than BGE coal and is the same price.

Comments

• VB_egger
    VB_egger Posts: 364
    Options
    KJ lump is second only to rock wood in my opinion. 

I read the other day they will be releasing another type soon that is referred to as big block. 
    VA Beach
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,189
    Options
    Red Bags are great, the other colors are so-so, at least as of last year.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    2nd only to Rockwood. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I like it. Takes longer to get ready than Rockwood and produces a bit more ash. The deal at Costco can't be beat if you run across a roadshow.