Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco prime pics

Elkhorn, NE
1 large egg
28" Blackstone
Akorn Jr. 

Comments

• Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • Those just look amazing. That's it. I'm telling my wife we're moving. 

XLBGE 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,351
    Closest Costco to me is currently over 50 miles away so I haven't joined. That will change this fall as one is opening about 15 miles from home, and about 5 miles from work. I will definitely be joining then, tired of seeing all these pics/stories of amazing meats from Costco. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • I've never seen a fresh meat case at a Costco before. That's pretty cool.
    Northern VA - LBGE
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    I've never seen a fresh meat case at a Costco before. That's pretty cool.
    That is what I thought. My Costco doesn't have a meat counter, which is the primary reason I don't buy meat very often. I like to choose the steaks individually, rather than having Costco make my choice. They invariably in a pack of four steaks, will have a couple I don't like the looks of.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,351
    I'm just hoping that when the Costco does open nearby, that they will carry the $2.99/lb Prime briskets that y'all post about. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Closest one to me is 3:30 away. Think I'm going to join and drive with my cooler when I travel for work. 
  • I've never seen a fresh meat case at a Costco before. That's pretty cool.
    Neither have I.  The other two sides were fresh seafood.
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Ours has a meat counter and they'll cut whatcha need. 

I don't buy any cut steaks from Costco. It's all mechanically tenderized. No thanks, we eat our beef rare and I'm happy cutting my own from the sub primals. 

Those are some gorgeous steaks, would hope they didn't do those since it had the bones in them!!
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax