Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A quick roasted chicken for dinner...

Options
JacksDad
JacksDad Posts: 538
In preparation for the upcoming challenge (which I intend too win!):
http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1202267/ot-official-egghead-weightloss-competition-for-2017

Day 9 of a low carb diet. Had this little bird in the freezer for a while. Fossil Farms roasted chicken with a few veggies. Forgot the name of the rub but it was mildly spicy. Even got the kiddos to eat it! 

For all you experts out there with the FB200, and pit probes in general, I'm having a little trouble with positioning the pit probe... I can get the egg up to temp and steady just fine, but where is the best place to position the probe once the meat goes on? The first time I used it, it was too close to the (relatively cold) meat and the FB200 cranked the fan so that the dome temp was way higher than it should have been. Plus I find a pretty significant gradient in my egg (back of the egg near hinge is hotter than the front near the handle). I know this is an expected phenomenon due to airflow etc, but even in the pic above, the probe was initially too close to the chicken and I had to move it to keep the FB200 from running the fan at 100%. 
Large BGE -- New Jersey

Comments