Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone doing Beef Wellington?

JC5404L
JC5404L Posts: 29
We're thinking about doing a Wellington on our large.  Any experiences to share would be greatly appreciated.  All the best, JC
Atlanta, GA

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Thank you Sir!  Best of the new year to you.  JC
    Atlanta, GA
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Did one last weekend and it was great.   I will admit I ruined then mixture of shallots, mushrooms, etc during the sautéing phase....I had them on low heat to dry out the mushrooms, but it never looked dry to me.  Eventually they turned black and had to be thrown away.  

The meat, prosciutto ham wrap and pastry were amazing!  We had some folks who like their steak well done (annoying I know but they're guests...) so instead of tying the tail over to have an even width of tenderloin, I let the skinny tail finish with the rest so that part was on the well side.

I will definitely try it again.   If you need to get pumped up for the cook check out Gordon Ramseys Christmas YouTube video of beef wellington!

Good luck! 

Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    An alert to @JustineCaseyFeldown as I believe he has the recipe and BGE technique down to a science.  Of course given the date/time this may ring hollow til next year.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.