Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A twist on the Garlic Herb Butter Prime Rim Recipe Making the Rounds

Options
Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
There's a recipe for Prime Rib with Garlic Herb Butter making the rounds on social media. I modified that recipe today for an addition to the usual Christmas feast fare. Instead of the oven method I did a reverse sear on the Big Green Egg... it was excellent.
  • Prep the rib roast as per the original recipe.
  • Set up charcoal cooker and for indirect cooking and bring to 225° at the grid
  • Place pan with "v" rack and roast in the grill
  • Add smoking wood if desired (I chose to go with none)
  • Cook at 225° until the internal temperature is about 115° then remove and allow to rest 
  • Set up grill for direct cooking and bring the grill temperature is raised to at least 500°.
  • Place the roast on the grid and allow to sear for a minute or so before rolling it to get an unseared portion of the roast on the fire.
  • Check internal temperature after the first few minutes. Pull the roast when the internal temperature reaches 125°.
  • Tent with foil and allow to rest for 30 minutes. You should get a 10° rise in internal temp while the meat rest which would put it at the high end of the medium rare range.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.