Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Pot Pie Soup is GREAT for This Stormy Weather!

Options
Judy Mayberry
Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
edited December 2016 in EggHead Forum
Southern California is being drenched, and will be for a few more days. I saw this recipe on the website Scott Bishop included in his post last August (for enchiladas) that really is worth subscribing to. It's a soup like the filling in a chicken pot pie! It would have been even better on the Egg, but the stove inside had to do today.

I got a roasted chicken at Costco yesterday, used russets instead of Yukon Gold potatoes, but followed the recipe exactly with everything I had in the house (even creminis). I find bought roasted chickens are too salty to eat plain, but perfect for this dish. I put in a squirt of Sriracha, for kicks.

I tried but can't get a decent picture, so here's a picture from the website, and I hope it's OK to do this. The recipe is from

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/chicken-pot-pie-soup-recipe/

I tried again with the flash and here is my soup. Yes, I have the same pot! But not the same photographic talent.

Judy in San Diego

Comments