Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas Baby Backs

Options
Engine6
Engine6 Posts: 32
Doing some Ribs for Christmas. Is it really necessary to let it smoke for 30 before placing the ribs? Also, what do you all find the best  wood placement, how much, and best time to place it. Thx soooo much friends! 

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    I place the wood almost straight down.  So I fill up a little lump, place a chunk of wood around the middle.  Add more lump, place a chunk around the middle.  Add more lump ect. 

I always let my wood burn for about 15 minutes before I put the food on.  Not sure it's necessary, but I do it.  Especially if it's a meat that will be imparted more by the flavor.  If it's a big hunk of brisket I don't care, but if it's turkey ect. I will let the wood be on there for 15-30 min prior.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf