Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Filet Mignon Roast

Options
Nole95
Nole95 Posts: 3
Looking for some opinions on this. 

I have two 3.5 filet mignon roasts that I picked up at Sprouts to cook on Christmas Eve.

What are some recommendations on how to cook and how long they might typically go.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Just a suggestion, but you can par cook some bacon, wrap the tenderloin with it, then cook it indirect low and slow around 225F until it's about 110F internal.  Pull it off, take out the plate setter or whatever and crank up the temp to below nuclear, maybe 400 and sear it to crisp up the bacon.   Let it sit for 10 minutes uncovered  so the cooking can finish.  Should be a solid rare.  Adjust temps to meet your desired doneness.
    Options
    At 3.5lb, I guess that's just the head/roast section of a tenderloin?  I just did a 5.6lb full tenderloin (after removing the side chain and as much silver skin as possible) so it was actually around 4lb.  I tied up the tail, salted it, got the egg up to around 700F, seared it, and then cooked it around 25min at 450 and falling.  Was in a rush...so couldn't wait for the temp to stabilize.