Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bone In Standing Rib - a few Pics

Options
DonWW
DonWW Posts: 424
edited December 2016 in EggHead Forum
I have said it before and I will again, this is about my favorite meal on the egg. 

I procured a 17 lb roast from my butcher with instructions for him to cut back - but not off - the ribs.  I trimmed some of the hard fat from the roast and applied a liberal coating of Snider's Rib Roast rub.  I fold back the ribs, apply the rub, return the ribs to their original position and then tie up the roast.  She went on with the grill temp showing about 475.

The temp was immediately dropped down to about 275-300.  As is usually the case, it took less time than expected. I was anticipating about 5-6 hours, but she was done in about 4.5.  I pulled her with an internal temp of about 125.  She was brought inside and wrapped in foil while the veggies were finished up.  

It had a wonderful, flavorful crust and a perfect medium finish.  I wish I had pulled it just a little sooner - it was just slightly past medium rare.  Regardless - killer cook!

Don

XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.

Comments