Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

arm twisting a chicken

Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,453
edited December 2016 in Poultry
... into submission  =)  not as crispy as spread wings (less exposed skin) but I find it easier to handle, sauce during cook, saves space and less burnt tips  :)

canuckland

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I'm in
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Canugghead
    Thanks, give it a shot and share please!
    canuckland
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Remind me to never pi$$ you off... My arms wouldn't be able to take that kind of contortion !

I like this idea. I usually cut the tips off and save for stock or something, but I bet they would be fun to chew on after being rubbed and sauced. plus it's less work.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Canugghead

@caliking  you're bigger than me so you're safe!  great idea with saving tips for soup, chicken feet too, but we don't cook wings often and with the cluttered freezers I probably would never find them when needed  :)

canuckland
  • This is why I like wings!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • gmbbs
    gmbbs Posts: 110
    The title brought back some memories...

grew up in a farm, and my dad used to twist the chicken's wings together so they were either more manageable, or couldn't fly away after he...ahem..."dispatched" with their heads. Remember having to pluck them too. Ugh. To this day a raw chicken still oogs me out!
  • Canugghead
    edited December 2016
    gmbbs 
    great story! if memory serves, I think live chicken vendors back home would twist the wings before handing over the birds, @caliking do you remember? maybe I'm thinking of some other place I saw on TV.
    canuckland
  • caliking
    gmbbs 
    great story! if memory serves, I think live chicken vendors back home would twist the wings before handing over the birds, @caliking do you remember? maybe I'm thinking of some other place I saw on TV.
    Couldn't tell ya, Gary. I always accompanied my mom to the open markets for buying goat meat and fish, but chicken we bought like city-slickers... Dressed, bagged,  and frozen!

• caliking said:
    Remind me to never pi$$ you off... My arms wouldn't be able to take that kind of contortion !

I like this idea. I usually cut the tips off and save for stock or something, but I bet they would be fun to chew on after being rubbed and sauced. plus it's less work.

He's a **** in reality, have you not met?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited December 2016
    caliking said:

That was ****/there/not/anything/derogatory. Well that didn't work, let's try pusssy, maybe pussie or the French la pouse

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking said:

Little Steven said:

Guess I could have gotten away with fanny?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking said:

That was ****/there/not/anything/derogatory.pusssy
    The forum is censoring compliments about my stellar nature now?? : smiley:

• It's getting hard to complete a post. As bad as USSR back in the sixties.

Steve 

Caledon, ON