Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All this bourbon talk lately

Options

I never really was a fan of bourbon. Maybe it was my lack of trying, or the development of a better palette for it later on in life, but I seem to be taking a keener liking to it as of late. YukonRon 's Bourbon Slushie concoction has me craving them, So im making another run of that today or tomorrow and going to experiment with it a bit by adding some JB Apple Bourbon.

I was on my other BBQ forum and a guy has posted these. They sound great for just sitting around during the festive season and relaxing with friends or during the summer months on the deck doing the BBQ thing.  Anyone else have an interesting nut recipe they make?

Here is the recipe:

Bought a 3 lb bag of walnuts at Costco and decided to play with them.  Here's my recipe:

3 lbs Walnuts, shelled

6 T bourbon (I used Makers Mark)

5 T light brown sugar

1.5 tsp cinnamon

0.5 tsp groung nutmeg

0.5 tsp gound ginger

1/2 cup maple syrup

In a large mixing bowl, I poured in the nuts, then added the bourbon in 3 separate 2 T pours, mixing the nuts each time to get good coating.  I let it set about 30 minutes, then added the rest of the ingredients in order, with the syrup last so that the dry stuff didn't clump up.

Into the smoker at 250 for about an hour, using 2:1 ratio pecan:hickory.  I put them into my oven at 275 for another 30 minutes then let cool before storing.  Amazing!  Can't wait to have a glass of bourbon with these on the side.  They are a bit boozy so you can tame down the amount of bourbon added, but I like them as is.   Enjoy!

Comments