Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Banana Bread

Options
I decided to give banana bread a shot. I got the recipe here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/20144/banana-banana-bread/

Very simple recipe. I set my Small BGE up for indirect (w/ platesetter) for 350 degrees and let it stabilize with no smoking wood and waited for there to be no smoke from the egg before I put the mix in. I used only Rockwood lump for this cook.

The top has cinnamon and nutmeg, if you're wondering about the coloring pattern. I used a cake pan because that's what I have currently. Maybe someday, I'll get a real bread pan...

Positive Results: Great taste, moist and tender. Very subtle smoke flavor. 

Negative results: I had to filet off the bottom 1/4" of burned crust. Next time I may try to raise pan higher away from the platesetter to not get that burned bottom. Maybe get a new pan? I dunno... 

Either way, going to make this as needed to fulfill my environmental requirement of recycling bananas. Is there such a thing? 
Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!

Comments