Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Spatchcock

Options
Mad Mex Turkey Seasoning. That stuff is great on chicken!!!  My wife ate the meat off the carcass until it was only bone. She never does that!!!!

Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California

Comments

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    That bird looks perfect. Nice job!
    Snellville, GA

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Simple perfection you mean.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Nice cook
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Great looking yardbird.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Brother Tiki that is one fine spatch!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    Thanks all. 

I have to say going into month three of eggness, it is so much fun now not having to worry about working with the egg and being able to work with the food now instead. 

Time to start getting more involved with different cooks now on the days off when I have more time!  That just gets tricky with picky kid eaters in the house!

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • dsleight
    dsleight Posts: 101
    Options
    Good looking bird, cooked one myself last night.
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Where can you find Mad Mex?

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• tikigriller
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Dizzy Pig if they still are selling it. It was supposed to be a limited edition for the holidays. @Scott805

Livermore, California
  • tikigriller
    Options
    And thanks for reminding me. I just went and grabbed 3 bottles  that should last the year if I use it only for birds. 

Livermore, California