Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef plate ribs: Overdue two ways (a bit pic heavy)

Hi all.  I am guilty of enjoying this forum way too much and not contributing my own cooks so much.  I am also guilty of not having tried doing beef plate ribs before.  Fixed the latter this weekend and fixing the former right now.

Picked up a nice looking piece of beef from my new go-to butcher here in Toronto. Mustard, salt and pepper and a little Cowlick. Also picked up some fancy lump the other day.  It was amazing! A couple of chunks of apple and hickory for smoke.  

So, as for the cook, I went 3 hours or so at 250 with the smoke, then wrapped with a couple of cups of "Rick's Sinful Marinade" (which is basically dark beer, Worchestershire, some barbecue sauce, olive oil, some cayenne, some celery seed and some Cowlick) for an hour or so, then unwrapped, back on to cook until about 195 internal (or so).  Perfect texture, for me, which is very juicy and soft, but still holds together well.  It was a HUGE hit and I will definitely be doing this cook a lot more.  (Sorry if the pics are out of order.)
Toronto ON

Comments