Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket done too early

Options
slb78
slb78 Posts: 15
hi all, cooked a 14lber overnight that finished roughly 730am, wasn't planning on eating until 1pm.  the common dialogue on this problem seems to be FTC until it hits 140.  i do have a warming drawer in the house where i can set the temp anywhere from 80 to 200.  should i leave FTC until 140 and then put in the warming drawer at 140?  or put it in the warming drawer earlier?  assume it should stay in foil in the warming drawer?  thanks in advance

Comments

• Smokin_Trout
    Options
    How long until it is devoured?
    FTC should get you 4-6 hours, if toweled good in a small cooler and kept inside.  
  • slb78
    slb78 Posts: 15
    Options
    about 4.5 hours from now, its FTC'd and temp has dropped to 180 at this point.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    You can always set the warming drawer for a little over 140 or whatever and leave the brisket in the cooler. If you see it's dropping rapidly and won't make it to your desired time to eat you can set in warming drawer for final stretch. If you double wrap in foil wrap in towel and use a good cooler you should be able to make it in the cooler until go time. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013