Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking demo tomorrow at the shop.

Options
Gonna do some pork belly burnt ends, ribs, and pork loin. Also cooking a flat iron and bs chicken breast for some dishes the boss is putting together with Robert Rothschild products. Oh, and throwing on a savory pizza of some sort using Rothschild product as a sauce.  I'm not privy to the details yet, but I am ordered to be there and cook. Love to see anyone in the area. Enjoy some food and drink! 

Comments

• Fayborg
    Options
    Sounds like it is going to be a great event.  I hope you post photos. With the pork belly burnt ends highlighted.   Once again, I am unavailable to attend one of your events.  One of these days it will work.  I'm stuck in Florida at the moment soaking up the warmth before heading back.  Wish ya the best. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Fayborg said:
    Sounds like it is going to be a great event.  I hope you post photos. With the pork belly burnt ends highlighted.   Once again, I am unavailable to attend one of your events.  One of these days it will work.  I'm stuck in Florida at the moment soaking up the warmth before heading back.  Wish ya the best. 
    Oh poor fella! I will do my best to get some picks. Thanks Fay
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Great way to cure the turkey hang-over.  Road-trip just a bit out of reach however.   I'm sure it will be eggceptional (and other cookers) eats and hopefully well attended and enjoyed by all.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Good luck with your demo and I wish you a massive turnout! BTW Pete, do you advertise these demos in any way or hope for drive by traffic to pull in? OTOH I know you do these demos on a regular basis so maybe you have a following of chow-hounds who smell the smoke can come running!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    What time do the festivities start?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    Options
    Focker said:
    9-4 Brandon. Hopefully no rain. 
  • pgprescott
    Options

RRP said:
    Good luck with your demo and I wish you a massive turnout! BTW Pete, do you advertise these demos in any way or hope for drive by traffic to pull in? OTOH I know you do these demos on a regular basis so maybe you have a following of chow-hounds who smell the smoke can come running!
    Some we do on FB and email list, others are just impromptu. It's small business Saturday. We could prolly do better. Whenever we cook or put out samples we see a real uptick in business. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Focker said:
    Forecast looks good. Now all I have to do is try not to screw things up!
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Hope you have enough charcoal, b/c your two pallets are still sitting on the dock!  Nobody working yesterday or today in the LTL world.  :(
  • Focker
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Focker said:
    Man Pete wish I could make this work.  Just don't have enough of a window to zip out in my Taco and make it happen.  Fam Thanksgiving is tomorrow at 1200, lasagna isn't assembled yet, and there is bread to bake.  

You firin' up the Summit?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Pete.....if only I were closer.....if only.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Focker -  I would definitely bet on it-It certainly has come out of the gate as what Weber is famous for.  I'm guessing their margins are pretty steep given that they took their price-point as a tricked out BGE XL.  Now we are moving into the season when the heat/cook properties will be truly assessed.  Cold weather performance will be the key to year-round sales to serious/wannabe Q cookers.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Hope you have enough charcoal, b/c your two pallets are still sitting on the dock!  Nobody working yesterday or today in the LTL world.  :(
    We good! Just opened a bag today. Plenty for me and the customers. 
  • pgprescott
    Options

Focker said:
    Focker said:
    Man Pete wish I could make this work.  Just don't have enough of a window to zip out in my Taco and make it happen.  Fam Thanksgiving is tomorrow at 1200, lasagna isn't assembled yet, and there is bread to bake.  

Hey, I don't blame you one bit. Enjoy the family. You have a great one. Homemade noodles I presume? Your cooking is inspiring. 

I sold my burn unit to my police chief that cooked at eggfest. I need to get another one in the store. I have floor models, but don't want to light them. I'll have a couple ceramics and maybe a pellet burner going. Cheers Brandon!
  • pgprescott
    Options

Pete.....if only I were closer.....if only.
    With the looming colder weather, I am the one who should be closer to you! Enjoy your long weekend Robin. 
  • Focker
    edited November 2016
    Options

Focker said:
    Focker said:

Hey, I don't blame you one bit. Enjoy the family. You have a great one. Homemade noodles I presume? Your cooking is inspiring. 

I sold my burn unit to my police chief that cooked at eggfest. I need to get another one in the store. I have floor models, but don't want to light them. I'll have a couple ceramics and maybe a pellet burner going. Cheers Brandon!
    Thanks buddy.
    Spotted Cow, Coppola Pinot, and Crown.  It may get ugly.  Another reason. lol

Have fun and post some pics!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• pgprescott
    Options

lousubcap said:
    @Focker -  I would definitely bet on it-It certainly has come out of the gate as what Weber is famous for.  I'm guessing their margins are pretty steep given that they took their price-point as a tricked out BGE XL.  Now we are moving into the season when the heat/cook properties will be truly assessed.  Cold weather performance will be the key to year-round sales to serious/wannabe Q cookers.  FWIW-
    I wish there were any big margins in the grill business. Just isn't the case. I'm with you on the cold weather issue, but so far the Weber is every bit the equal of our beloved cookers, and I'm being generous to my beloved ones. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Focker said:

Focker said:
    Focker said:

Thanks buddy.
    Spotted Cow, Coppola Pinot, and Crown.  It may get ugly.  Another reason. lol

Have fun and post some pics!
    You had me at spotted cow!
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Got the Rockwood rocking!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Fire in the hole-looks like its gonna be a great time.  Hope you convert a few to the joys of year-round outdoor cooking.  
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Burnt ends were a hit. Boy, that is a commitment cook though. Ribs still on the Traeger because the butcher leaves half the tenderloin on top of the BB's
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Awesome looking grub!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • pgprescott
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Awesome looking grub!
    Thanks! I'm beat, cheers!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    You killed it Pete!  Great fun.  Kudos!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    I'm sure that Mr. Fuente helped ease you into the evening... scotch probably didn't hurt either.  Great smoke
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Fayborg
    Options
    Food looks great.  Hope the turnout went well.  Those burnt ends looked yummy along with the pizza.  I need to give the pork belly a try some day.