Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg vs Oven Turkey Battle - Egg wins again!

Options
da87
da87 Posts: 640
oven - 15 lb D'artagnan organic, Martha Stewart Turkey 101. Silver Palate sausage and apple stuffing

egg - 10 lb D'Artagnan organic, injected with butter/wine mix, Kerry Gold herb/garlic compound butter under the skin, same stuffing, three little pigs KC all purpose rub, did use cheese cloth baste method. Chunk of apple plus some cherry chips. Indirect & 350 dome(first picture and Closer turkey in last picture)

both were great, but everyone strongly preferred the egg.  Our oven is becoming more and more superfluous - now it won't even be used on the holidays!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Doug
Wayne, PA
LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I couldn't agree more! I've gone 6 years without turning on my oven. The egg eats everything I cook. My wife prefers the egg over the oven. Win/win.

Great looking birds! Happy Thanksgiving 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    I am on your side!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"