Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Turkey

Options
It was finally my year to have Thanksgiving at my house. The nerves of my wife were palpable. Plan all along was to spatchcock the bird. Last night she was pushing me to brine the turkey. But, no, woman. This is my bird. 

Woke up this morning and started the dismantling of the Thanksgiving beast. Kitchen shears are not the easiest tool to cut the backbone out with. But we got it done. 

Next I made an injection of butter, Canjun seasoning and garlic powder. Injected the Tom and rubbed the outside with butter. Next to go on was a spice blend from a local Tea &Spice shop. The blend was appropriately named Flippin' the Bird. 

Instead of doing a traditional spatchcock at 400-450 raised direct, I went indirect at 300-325.  Turkey turned out juicy, tender and smokey. High praises from everyone. 

Thanks for looking. 
Las Vegas, NV

Comments