Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Marinades

Options
I have been stuck in a rut lately and need some chicken marinade recommendations.
Summerville, SC

Comments

• Camelwithegg
    Camelwithegg Posts: 13
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I used Stubbs Texas Butter tonight and it turned out great. I cooked up two  breasts and topped with cheddar cheese. Came out perfect. 5th cook on the egg. I continue to be amazed how easy temperature control is compared to my old performer. 
  • Jameson19
    Options
    Olive Garden light Italian salad dressing. Sounds crazy, but works 
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • BizGreenEgg
    Options
    Secret Aardvark sauces.  Their Drunken Jerk and Drunken Black Bean Garlic are amazing with grilled chicken.  If you haven't had their hot sauce, it's one of the best too.  Here's the three pack on amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Aardvark-Combo-3-Pack/dp/B00DUO2GNM/ref=lp_8269978011_1_3_a_it?srs=8269978011&ie=UTF8&qid=1478631578&sr=8-3

Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I made chicken thighs last night and based it on an old marinade we used to use for pork chops (which is very simply, Caesar salad dressing an Dijon mustard).

I used;

olive oil
    garlic
    greek seasoning (Penzey's)
    brown mustard
    apple cider
    corn starch (to thicken it up and stick to the chicken)
    greek salad dressing

You could vary any of that as you like, as long as you end up with an herbal salad dressing and mustard, and you baste a couple times...the flavor is awesome.   You only have to let it sit long enough to light your egg and bring it up to temp.

This pic doesn't do it justice, but it was good.  Also grilled some local made kielbasa and asparagus;

LBGE/Maryland