Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

4lb brisket

Options
Jsundin
Jsundin Posts: 1
any tips on how to do a 4 lb brisket on the smoker?   I wish I had an 8-10 pounder but I don't. Kids coming over and I want to impress them. 

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    If you want to impress them. Drop the 4lb brisket and go pick up a pork butt. So much easier to do. Especially a 4lb brisket. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I did a small (5#) brisket flat a week ago. I went about 6 hours at 250F-270F with a couple chunks of Pecan added to the lump for smoke, and then foiled for another hour. Internal temp was up to 200F when I pulled it. Next time I'll go four hours in the smoke and 2 or 3 in the foil so it's a bit juicier. I cooked fat side up but next time I'll try fat side down as suggested here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-BrQ_jefYc
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    If a 4lb brisket is all you have to work with, go look up Dr. BBQ's recipe on the big green egg website. That's what I used and it turned out great! Biggest problem is all the meat was gone in 5 minutes, we fed 4 people! Next time I'll be sizing up to at least 8lbs
    LBGE
    AL
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    if you have the means....i would suggest going big and separating the deckle from the flat (~15+Lb'er)...Brisket without burnt ends is just a party foul...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga