Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The New Forum -- Getting Activated

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What's the secret on getting activated. I have never received the confirmation email. Thanks!
TNW

The Naked Whiz

Comments

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Ditto!
    Everytime I try I get... nothing...

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]
    It would have been sent to your profile email address which appears to be "nospam"ified.[p]I can correct it and send you another. Is your profile email address correct except for the ".nospam" part?[p]Note: our email addresses are no loger stored in an html file easily picked up by spam bots and such. They are now in a database; and, we can control who can see them (e.g. members only can see our profiles.)[p]WMK

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    WMK,
    Yes, that's all that needs to be removed. It is dhanthorn etc. Thanks for the help!
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • WMK
    Options
    ravnhaus,[p]
    Your profile email address is: jmhuber@austin.rr.com.[p]Is this correct?[p]I went ahead sent a confirmation email to this address.[p]Note: this is a one-time process.[p]
    WMK

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    WMK,
    I tried today and couldn't get it either. I sent in an e-mail trying to get a new password but no response. BTW, it looks great.[p]Mike

• WMK
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]
    np.[p]I've already sent a confirmation email to the corrected address. You should be able to click the link in the email to activate your profile.[p]
    WMK

• WMK
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Just sent you a confirmation email to your profile address of: mjmckernan@aol.com. Is this correct?[p]You should be able to activate your profile with the link in the email.[p]WMK
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    WMK,
    Didn't get a thing, would this be cap sensitive? MJMCKERNAN@aol.com[p]Mike

• WMK
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    No, email addresses should not be case sensative. But I sent another one anyway with all caps as the address.
    Also made a valid email address out of "registrations@biggreenegg.com" which is wasn't before. Perhaps a spam filter was zapping some of the confirmations.
    And, sometimes it takes a little time for email to make its way through the system; so, you may still get the first one.
    WMK

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    WMK,
    are you using emails that are stored in our profiles here? The email address on my profile is from about 6 yrs ago and no longer in use.
    AT

• WMK
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Yes, the initial profiles for the new site were loaded with the data, including email address, in your current profile.
    Since you haven't yet activated your account, you may correct the email address submitting the activation. You may go here to activate it now if you like.[p]WMK

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    WMK,
    Thanx buddy for the link. I will update it when I get my photos of my new address set.

• ajay
    ajay Posts: 47
    Options
    WMK, Can you send me whatever I need to activate my account on the new website.
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    WMK,[p]I'm having trouble registering as well. The email address in my profile is current and I've not received a confirmation email after several attempts over the last few weeks. My username and password come up as invalid when I try.[p]A couple of questions for the new forum... Will there be a preview bar like you find on the bbq forum?
    Will we be able to see the ISP address displayed on other people's posts like we do here? On this forum I find that bit of info very very helpful.
    Can you explain the chronology of posts in a thread?.. it seems a bit confusing as the replies don't always appear in order.[p]What is Karma and why is mine zero? :~)[p]I've gotta admit, I was probably the most skeptical out the bunch here when you first proposed the changeover, but you've done one heck of a job in making it feel a lot like this board.... thanks![p]John

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    WMK,
    I've never recieved a confirmation e-mail either.[p]

• Peanut
    Peanut Posts: 75
    Options
    WMK,
    I am having no luck activating or creating a new account. Help! Thanks.
    Ninfa

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    WMK,
    I guess I'm dense, but I can't figure this deal out, either. Please help.[p]Thanks,[p]Mike

• Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    Options
    WMK,
    Hmm Mine worked. COOL SITE - AWESOME JOB

• Frank King
    Frank King Posts: 10
    Options
    Bigfoot,[p]How do we get on this new forum? Invite only?

• WMK
    Options
    Frank King,
    No, all are welcome. Just like this one, the new forum is open to visitors for both browsing and posting.
    WMK

• WMK
    Options
    ajay,
    Sure, here you go; and, since you haven't yet activated your account, you may need to correct the email address before submitting the activation. You can supply a password of your choice as well during the activation process. [p]You may go here to activate it now if you like.[p]WMK

• WMK
    Options
    WooDoggies,[ul]
    [li]Your account is already activated because you had a login for the image gallery. Since gallery accounts, like yours, already have a password, and, have already been confirmed, we were able to associate your image gallery login information with your fourm profile during import. So, you are good-to-go if you remember your gallery password.
    If you don't, then you can reset it with "I forgot my password" link in the login box.
    [li]Yes there will be an improved preview. The one that came with the new forum is not to my liking. We've not had time to redo it yet though.
    [li] The "Karma" rating is a number for each member set by the other members by voting to increase or decrease it using the thumbs up and down buttons. Yours (and almost everyone elses') are zero because nobody has done much thumbing yet.[ul][li]Voting on one's own karma will not have the desired results.[li]Karma votes cannot be submitted too fast (i.e. can't bang on the thumbs buttons.)[li]I don't think one's karma rating has any actual effect.[li]It could perhaps, with some thought, be used as a means of defining an "overwhelming group consensus" regarding foul postings sufficient to remove them (and/or ban their posters.)[li]On the other hand, it could be a distraction, or, worse, a source of problems.[li]So, the jury is still out on it.[li]In short, it came with the new forum; and, we're not sure if it's worth anything yet.[/ul]
    [li]Will probably add profile options to control visibility of all the new widgets (like karma, smileys, and "Egger" ratings) so that those who don't want them won't have them w/out making them unavailable for those that may like them.[/ul][p]WMK

• WMK
    Options
    Citizen Q,
    Looks like you must have gotten it a while back -- at least your registration is confirmed already.
    I checked, it was not a gallery account, like WooDoggies which did not require confirmation, but nonetheless you're confirmed and ready to go now.
    If you don't remember your password, you may use the "I forgot my password" link to reset it (and, if you really hate passwords, then you can choose to use a blank password -- though I do not recommend it.)
    WMK

• ajay
    Options
    WMK, I must be dense. I clicked on "activate" and nothing happens. I put in my user name and password and try to log in and nothing happens.[p]Is there a sequence of steps that I'm not following? This is frustrating.[p]For what it's worth, my email address in my current profile hasn't changed.
  • WMK
    Options
    ajay,
    Appologies for the troubles.
    When I try to activate your profile, I get a profile edit form, but I have to scroll down to find it. This needs to be fixed (form doesn't fit in space.)
    But, the form, one found, is usable. Is this possibly what's happening for you? Could the form be hidden below everything else?
    WMK

• ajay
    Options
    WMK, that part of it worked, the profile was way down on the page and I didn't think to scroll down as the largest part of the page was blank. However, when I get to the edit profile and I click activate, nothing at all happens. It's as though I'm working off line.[p]Sorry to be so much trouble.[p]ajay
  • Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
  • WMK
    Options
    ajay,
    Your not any trouble. It's always the computers causing the problems :-).[p]Sounds like a browser issue. Do you have javascript enabled? [p]I noticed that you are on a Mac. I know we have some other members using Macs that have gotten through this -- maybe they have some advice? I think Nature Boy has a Mac.
    WMK

• ajay
    Options
    WMK, Yes I do have a Mac (OS X) and javascript is enabled. I also tried Win Explorer with the same result (when I click activate, nothing happens). I'll try on a winXP machine I have downstairs later on.[p]If that doesn't work, I guess I'm not destined to be on the web site.
  • ajay
    Options
    WMK; no matter what I cannot activate my profile.