Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max Turkey Update

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited October 2016 in Holiday Recipes

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/madmaxturkey2/madmaxturkey2.htm Hi all, been awhile since I've been over here in the green room.  If you haven't heard, i've collaborated with Chris Capell at Dizzy Pig to develop the ultimate turkey rub/seasoning, the mad max turkey rub!!   Its like thanksgiving in a bottle!!  Great on your turkey, but also use it to season your stuffing and your gravy (we are also finding its great on pork, so more on that later). In addition, we have also worked with the Naked Whiz to completely update the mad max turkey page on his site. Links are up to not only the mad max turkey rub, but also to Innovations by Chance and the Ceramic Grill Store for all of your BGE set up needs!  And in the days leading up to thanksgiving, keep at an eye out at the naked whiz's site for updates to the turkey 'tips'. Its everything you need to know to get ready for the best thanksgiving ever.  Enjoy!!!

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    It is just about that time of year. Thanks for sharing.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Star_TrEGG
    Options
    @mad max beyond eggdome Thanks for the updated info and new DP rub.  I'm looking forward to your turkey class in Manassas VA next month to see it first hand.
    BGE Large, MiniMax & Mini; Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" & E-310 natural gas; CyberQ Cloud; Flame Boss 200; ThermoWorks Smoke & Thermopen Mk4
    Washington, DC Metro Area
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 354
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Well hey there big guy! Hope all is well with you and the spawn also. May the Caps win it all this year cause the Leafs will after this season.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Well hey there big guy! Hope all is well with you and the spawn also. May the Caps win it all this year cause the Leafs will after this season.
    Blackhawks

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Little Steven
    Options
    Blackhawks
    Max is a Caps fan.
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    Sharks baby----And thanks a lot @mad_max_beyond_eggdome your post sent me to Naked Whiz, which sent me to CGS which sent me to Dizzy Pig which lightened my wallet $100 in total!!

Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Blackhawks
    Max is a Caps fan.
    Oh I thought we were just saying teams we root for! My bad!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Blackhawks
    Max is a Caps fan.
    Oh I thought we were just saying teams we root for! My bad!

Better to be a Hawks fan than a Caps fan

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• vettman
    Options
    Stop with all the hockey stuff, we still working on football season here in the south, with wings on the Egg.

Doug

LG, MiniMax BGE