Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Walkerswood Jonkanoo, anybody use it?

Options
Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364

Found it for $3.99 at a local butcher shop in Milan, IL, Meatheads.  My eggs may be getting a little of this in the morning.  Any user reviews?  Thanks
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• Focker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thanks Sem.

From a review,
    Immediate bite, more of a tang, that goes into a warm glow.  

I like warm tang. Hahahaha

Thanks for the link, wanted to come here first for input.  Trust this place more than the amazon jungle.  There are some gem reviews on products.  From swiss army knives, to gummi bears, to 55 gal drums of lube.  A pure literary delight, to stumble upon in the wild.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I like it. Haven't cooked with it, just added afterward. Sometimes as a dipping sauce. Warm tang is good. =)

Seems like I saw some at Walmart, but not sure.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Focker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I like it. Haven't cooked with it, just added afterward. Sometimes as a dipping sauce. Warm tang is good. =)

Sorry I misquoted, warm tang, that spreads into a warm glow. Lol
    Thanks Q, I'm more into the flavorful hot sauces than all of the trendy, catchy, names and labels that were around this on the shelf.

We couldn't tell the difference between Meat  Church's Honey Hog Hot vs Honey Hog after cooking the slabs. I'm not a believer.  And don't really get what the hype is all about with these rubs.  I will liven the heat with the habanero powder to use up the bottles of HH and HHH, and stick with Oakridge, DP, and Plowboys Yardbird for store bought options.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Focker said:

Thanks Q, I'm more into the flavorful hot sauces than all of the trendy, catchy, names and labels that were around this on the shelf.

We couldn't tell the difference between Meat  Church's Honey Hog Hot vs Honey Hog after cooking the slabs. I'm not a believer.  And don't really get what the hype is all about with these rubs.  I will liven the heat with the habanero powder to use up the bottles of HH and HHH, and stick with Oakridge, DP, and Plowboys Yardbird for store bought options.
    I agree with you on the little difference between the honey hog and honey hog hot. My spice tolerance is much higher than most though. I'm a fan of his Holy Cow rub. I really like that blend for beef. I wish the honey hog hot was a little hotter though 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:

I agree with you on the little difference between the honey hog and honey hog hot. My spice tolerance is much higher than most though. I'm a fan of his Holy Cow rub. I really like that blend for beef. I wish the honey hog hot was a little hotter though 
    Even my dad and sister, with heat sensitivity, couldn't tell blind.

I have a bottle of holy cow, haven't cracked it yet.  The Jalapeno in HHH tames during the cook.  Just added 1/2t of habanero.  Put a tiny bit on my tongue, yowza! Lol
    Great heat flavor though.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    FIRE!

And I don't mean screaming hot.

Heat is subjective, but this would be in my med/hot category.  It does have an immediate but short lived punch, with a pleasantly warm, tang..that makes you want to hammer more and more, into your glory hole.  I need a birch tipped black n mild.

This is a new fave, glad I picked it up.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    And let us not forget, the best amazon review of all time.

A very, very, close, runner up.  =)

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN85S9-85-Inch-Ultra-120Hz/dp/B00CMEN95U
    The price is no longer on the page, or at least I don't see it. It was $39,999. The reviews are pretty funny.
  • Focker
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN85S9-85-Inch-Ultra-120Hz/dp/B00CMEN95U
    The price is no longer on the page, or at least I don't see it. It was $39,999. The reviews are pretty funny.
    Lol, great stuff.  Lots of hidden eggs out there in the amazon jungle. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities