Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Brisket

Options
Just bought a 2.5 lb brisket from the local market.  I wanted to go small for my first one, I've had really good success with the rest of my meats, but a little afraid of the brisket because it can be a wee bit expensive if I mess it up.  I'm thinking of some basic rub and let it run at 250º.  I'm planning on using it for sandwiches and such nothing fancy.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,489
    Options
    I'm guessing a flat cut.  Let me preface the rest of this with the fact that I have hosed up more flats (single or a strike-out) than (doubles or better-baseball reference) success.  But I never did the boil or foil process so that may have compounded my lack of success.
    All that said, I would run til around 160-170*F internal then foil and juice (inject) with a few ounces of beef broth cut with worcestershire.  If you don't have a juice gun then foil wrap with the same concoction tossed in-fat side up now and run til around the low 190's*F.  Remove from the foil and then on to the grid to reset the bark.  Go til it probes tender "like buttah".
    BTW-give the search function a look as I'm sure there are better choices than above-but the above should give you a solid result.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ClydesdaleEgg
    Options
    Update, it's been on for 3.5 hours and hit 160º.  Going to foil with broth now.