Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Better late than never to the Wok Party (pic heavy)

Options
Bart1434
Bart1434 Posts: 160
edited October 2016 in Poultry
First off I want to say thank you to everyone who not only helped me spend my money but helped me have the confidence to try a cook like this... Recipe was a healthier (I didn't pick it) version of General Tsos and it actually turned out pretty good, learned some lessons along the way for next time, but hey what's why we are all into this anyways! Next time I will wait to get my oil a little hotter and add some more heat to the sauce and maybe some more corn starch to thicken... But enough now the pics... 

Southwestern, CT

"I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

...and to eat some great Food of course

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Looks good! 

you'll get more heat if you crack those dried chiles open. May take it up to the level you like.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Looks good.

I go by, if you think you have enough oil, add a little.  If you think it's hot, give it a minute more to heat up. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Dayum nice cook!!  Like @caliking said you can crack the peppers open or you can add red pepper flakes.  Either will turn up the heat a bit.  He gave me the same advice on heat when I started my stir fry adventures 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Very nice. Enjoy the stir fry adventure. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Bart1434
    Bart1434 Posts: 160
    Options
    caliking said:
    Looks good! 

you'll get more heat if you crack those dried chiles open. May take it up to the level you like.
    Looks good.

I go by, if you think you have enough oil, add a little.  If you think it's hot, give it a minute more to heat up. 

Dayum nice cook!!  Like @caliking said you can crack the peppers open or you can add red pepper flakes.  Either will turn up the heat a bit.  He gave me the same advice on heat when I started my stir fry adventures 

SciAggie said:
    Very nice. Enjoy the stir fry adventure. 

Thank you guys all for the tips...Idk why I did not think of cutting open the chili - noted for next time...this has opened up a whole new world of egging!

Southwestern, CT

"I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

...and to eat some great Food of course
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You did a great job man!  Good looking meal.  

I think I'll add an induction eye to my system for the dishes that require battering with cornstarch and frying first.  

It's not really an issue really, but more of convenience.  Plus, you'll likely be able to fry more in one batch than with the Egg/Wok combo.  Plus, you don't have to find a place to store the hot oil in the wok after frying to get ready for the stir fry.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site