Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Coop On October 1, 2016

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited October 2016 in Off Topic
I know some of you get tired of my videos but I can't help it. We have a lot of fun here at the Chicken Ranch and we have an open invitation for you to stop by and sit a spell, or pop a brew, or eat a meal, or have a party or just have some fun. 

But for those of you who have visited in the past, we like to keep you up to date on any changes. And there are many as some things get old and fall apart and new things are added. Each has a story to tell and we tell it to anyone who will listen. But those stories often take on a life of their own, and are better told in the setting where they originated, surrounded by Big Green Eggs. 

If you can't visit in person, then perhaps you would like to take a video tour instead. You just don't get to hear the stories told. 

With Fall in the air, I spent some time cleaning the dust and cobwebs, the smoke off the ceiling fan and chandeliers, and whatever else I could reach from my step-ladder. It looked good when I finished, so I got the camera out and took some photos. 

Then I put them into a video, added some music and posted it on YouTube for all to see. 

If you would like to take the tour just click on this link: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWXdGDyfTA8 

I sincerely hope you enjoy it. And I hope one day you can see The Coop in person. 

Spring "Living At A Chicken Ranch Ain't So Bad After All" Chicken 
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Leroy you have the both the Chicken Coop and the Chicken Ranch looking good. We may just come on down and hang out for a weekend this Winter.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    Love the videos and tag lines
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I am always envious of places like this.  I have zero imagination/craftyness when it comes to that stuff.  

Great looking place!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    not gonna lie.  i wept a little.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I am always envious of places like this.  I have zero imagination/craftyness when it comes to that stuff.  

Great looking place!  
    Thanks.  It's always a work in progress.  Has been for 10 years.

Most people have imaginations but often don't use it.  Look at some of the set-ups your fellow Eggheads have and you will see where many of them combined their own ideas with other's ideas.  That's pretty much what I did.  But as I was building the Coop, I saw more needs for this or that and I usually came up with a solution that worked.  

Sometimes, I would go the the Naked Whiz site and look at the hundreds pictures of Egg Tables and Kitchens and I would see something that either would fill the need or could be easily modified to fill the need.  

I also Google "Outdoor Kitchens" and saw everything from dirt fire pits to luxury kitchens.  Everyone of them had something I liked.  Research is your friend when you are building something from scratch.  Take advantage of it. And then plan accordingly.  I think you will find that it is easier than you may think it is.  Plus, you can always ask for opinions from your fellow Eggheads. They are anxious and willing to share their thoughts and ideas.

I say go for it.  It sure makes Egg'n a lot more fun.

Spring "Working To Have The Easy Life" Chicken

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    That is so cool.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Bravo sir... well done looks like lots of fun.
    Seattle, WA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Where are you in relation to San Antonio....traveling on bitness there some?

always enjoy the movies.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Where are you in relation to San Antonio....traveling on bitness there some?

always enjoy the movies.
    Suburb north of downtown Houston.