Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So... what did you do with your Weber Gasser

Options

Kirkland, TN
2 LBGE, 1 MM

Comments

• tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    I would take a picture and show you, but what would be the point of having two pictures that look identical?
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Haha, I owned one for less than a week this summer ... rescued this from a neighbour before it went to the landfill, gave it a nice clean burn and makeover, flipped on CL for $150  :)

canuckland
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I'm like you and use it for a landing place for hot stuff like plate setter.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Gutted it, added a table, and used it for storage for almost 6 years, until I recently upgraded..

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I used mine as storage for a long time.  Then cleaned it up and sold on craigslist.  It didn't owe me anything.

Phoenix 
  • tikigriller
    Options
    smbishop said:
    Gutted it, added a table, and used it for storage for almost 6 years, until I recently upgraded..

How did you add that table?   I need one and this is interesting to me if it is not too hard to do.  Due to poor maintenance, our gasser really is not very operational anymore, and it is not worth spending the money to repair, hence why the Egg was bought in the first place.  I do still use the burner on it..actually use it more than ever once I got the Egg!)

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    I use mine all the time for three things-
    1. Light the Chimney Starter

2. Smash Burgers (tonight)

3. Simple grilling that I need fast- from light to eat can be 5-20 min depending on the cook.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    @tikigriller
    I bought these brackets off Amazon and drilled holes in the Weber frame.  Added some wood slats:  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D83OEEY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • tikigriller
    Options
    @smbishop Even I can handle that!

Livermore, California
  • tikigriller
    Options
    @xfire_ATX  So going to try lighting the lump that way tonight!  Never even thought of trying that!

Livermore, California
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Never owned one. Doubt I'd ever buy a gasser 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Had one. It went walk about and never came back. I might have lent it to someone but either way it disappeared. I have thought of a seriously good use for one lately. A giant chaffing dish. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Never owned one....never will. When it comes to grillin, never been in a hurry. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,089
    Options
    I traded mine for 9 CAB  new york strips.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Started with a big steel keg and upgraded to an egg. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I store my banjo burner in my old gasser.  The rotisserie hole is perfect for the gas line.
    Options
    Never had a Weber, but I gave my old gas grill to my parents. It sits by their pool and pretty much only gets used for family gatherings and pool parties.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,761
    Options
    Haha, I owned one for less than a week this summer ... rescued this from a neighbour before it went to the landfill, gave it a nice clean burn and makeover, flipped on CL for $150  :)

this one sits on the deck at camp. punched out 2 dozen ears of corn in one cook then threw on the burgers for the kids while my turkey fry burner  steamed mussels and clams then 15 lobsters for the fourth. never even lit the egg =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    We still use ours for quick cooks or if we run out of room on eggs. It's still part of the family I guess. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @fishlessman yup it's the cook not just the tool. This was natural gas but I don't have gas hookup.
    canuckland
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    still use it from time to time

• tikigriller
    Options
    I don't know if it is just me, but I have to say, the egg absolutely has made me a better cook, so the tool in my world absolutely has made a difference. I never cooked this well on the gasser. 

Livermore, California
  • Canugghead
    Options
    I don't know if it is just me, but I have to say, the egg absolutely has made me a better cook, so the tool in my world absolutely has made a difference. I never cooked this well on the gasser. 
    You're not alone. Prior to egging I almost never cook, now I'm a passable cook on gasser, kitchen box, even toaster oven  :)
    canuckland
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    I still use my Weber a couple times per week for quick cooks like shrimp or chicken breasts. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I had to use one in Estes Park where we rented a house. Very unnatural. Food was done prior to the bottle of wine. That is just not right.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    I use mine all the time for three things-
    1. Light the Chimney Starter

2. Smash Burgers (tonight)

3. Simple grilling that I need fast- from light to eat can be 5-20 min depending on the cook.
    Also use mine to make Bacon- I dont like the mess in the house.

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Gave it away.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I just replaced mine - have always cooked on a gas grill, also weber kettle, now egg.  I never cooked to temp until I got an egg and starting thinking more about what I was doing, and I never smoked or slow cooked much on my weber kettle beyond ribs and turkeys.  I'll probably always have a gas grill with a side burner, I'm better with it after learning how to cook on an egg.