Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Gallantines

Options
gmac
gmac Posts: 1,814
Or is it Ballantine?  I never remember. 
Anyway, boned out a couple birds and stuffed them with rice, onion, celery, sausage meat, cheese and spices. Didn't have enough white rice so I used some black rice I had as well which made everything purple. 

They were quite good. Would use a bread stuffing next time per my wife's request. 

Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Are you a surgeon on the side  ;)  I always enjoy the results, but it takes me quite a while and many pauses of the instructional video to get the bird ready to go.

Congrats on the preps, cook and banquet.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    As cool as that is, and as much as I enjoy watching Chef Pepin do it, I have never had the gumption to try it myself. Maybe some day.

Good on ya!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    JustineCaseyFeldown Posts: 867
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Galantine is poached while a  ballotine is roasted, is what i think is the main difference? EDIT: or maybe the other way around?

looks good. Great way to cook a bird frankly. If you have the skills to debone. Really allows you to serve the best meat (dark, imho) by simple slicing, without having to pick it up and gnaw on it. 
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Well done. Looks great. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    those look great!  

i love that pepin video where he debones them chickens... and makes 'lollipops' in a matter of seconds.  he's a badass.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    Nice sounds pretty tasty.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    jaques pepin is a rockstar. That dude inspired me to begin cooking.  Unreal skills, makes the complex simple and he can flat out cook

Such a resource

Those birds look incredible btw